I’ve been a little distracted the last couple of days due to the early arrival of baby pink shoes. What a precious bundle! Nothing like having a little baby around to inspire creativity. Having said that, this project was actually an experiment and had nothing to do with babies.
I made this bathroom mat out of cotton string. Here in South Africa it’s labelled 306, I’m not sure exactly what that refers to other than that it’s an indication of its weight/thickness.
Having spent weeks looking for a crochet hook bigger than a size 10mm, eventually my wonderful husband crafted a 16mm hook for me. That is what I used for this project. I was hoping to get better pictures done before posting this, but alas…..
It is simply half dc crocheted back and forth and then a row of dc worked all around the edge.