This was a project that changed shape a couple of times. I had these two stunning yarns with a light silver grey too. Originally I was going to make a patchwork blanket. Then I decided on a striped blanket instead. I’m so glad I didn’t stick with the blanket idea, coz it would never have looked great, and I’m very happy with how these cushions came out. I’ve given them to my daughter to put on her white bed.
The yarn is a locally produced acrylic. The covers are closed with 6 matching rustic looking buttons each. The stitches I used are those used in blocks II and III of this pattern. And I think I used an 8mm hook. The cushion fillers are just made up in lining filled with ball-fibre.
It’s lovely to have a crochet cushion scattered amongst other plain and printed cushions. I have a couple of others on the boil, too.